WE WANT A PEOPLE’S CITY WITH MORE SOLIDARITY
The richest Genevese see their wealth growing massively each year whilst precariousness and poverty worsen dangerously. Against the deepening of social inequality “Ensemble à Gauche” supports a true redistribution of wealth, a strengthening of public services and social benefits. To finance these measures “Ensemble à Gauche” is firmly fighting for the abolition of the fiscal privileges of the richest people, starting with major shareholders
Against speculators, we firmly support the accessibility of housing for everyone. These past ten years we have permitted the construction in town of 3000 subsidized flats. Furthermore we are struggling for a city which doesn’t reflect sexist, racist or anti-LGBT discriminations. Public spaces must correspond to the needs of the population, rather than to purely commercial logics.
The climate emergency demands a profound transformation of our society which can’t be reduced to individual efforts. Thermal insulation of all buildings, the development of cheap or free public transport, vegetalization of urban spaces, transitioning to green energy… the necessary collective projects are numerous.
On the 15th of March, we invite you to vote for “Ensemble à Gauche (solidaritéS-DAL)” List number 3 for the Muncipal Council of the City of Geneva !
OUR 6 PRIORITIES
Ensemble à Gauche fights for:
Equality and Social Justice
Social benefits must be increased
To counter the explosive increase of inequalities, the City must play its role in redistributing wealth
Trough the financing of decent night shelters with adequate social and medical follow-up.
Municipalization of cleaning services
The City must stop economizing at the expense of it’s workers.
Fight speculation in the housing market
Rents should be capped and sales prices controlled.
Unaccompanied migrant minors must welcomed decently
They need access to decent and dignified housing and adequate social and educational services.
A City that rejects all discriminations
Our town must engage an active struggle against all and every form of xenophobia, racism, sexism, LGBTphobia…
Cultural workers need a recognized status
The City must guarantee a decent income and work conditions to people active in the cultural sector
Culture must be accessible to all
The City’s cultural offerings must be free for people with low incomes.
Supporting alternative cultural production
Spaces must be offered to self-managed and autonomous creator’s collectives.
Supporting cultural minorities
Through support for their associations and giving them adequate premises
Support for local organic farming
Through the creation of participatory shops managed by producers and inhabitants
Pedestrian spaces in all neighborhoods
To create a convivial common public space that encourages neighborhood social life.
With a massive public support for renewable energy.
More non-motorized mobility and public transport
Public transport, pedestrians and bikes should have priority over cars
Extension of political rights for resident foreigners
People who have lived eight years in Switzerland should have the vote and be eligible in our municipalities and on the cantonal plane.
The city’s inhabitants play an essential role, before all town planning decisions
More ressources for cultural and neighborhood associations
The city’s inhabitants collectives play an essential role, they must be supported by the municipality
Gender parity in the Municipal Council
The underrepresentation of Women must cease.
Strict control of expense accounts
Any expenses incurred by elected representatives in relation with their duties must submit to a strict framework and precise controls.
FOR HIS SOLIDARITY AND FIGHTING SPIRIT:
VOTE PIERRE BAYENET FOR THE CITY GOVERNEMENT
He has initiated a law passed in Geneva’s parliament that prevents members of Geneva’s government from receiving gifts and is the author of a recent constitutional proposal instituting gender parity in Geneva’s parliament. He has proposed a plan for adequate night shelters for the homeless, supports adequate and decent treatment of unaccompanied migrant minors and the greening and vegetalization of 500 urban parking spaces.
To strengthen our democracy and reinforce our solidarity vote Pierre Bayenet on the 15th of March !
OUR 33 CANDIDAT-E-S FOR THE MUNICIPAL COUNCIL
1. Pierre BAYENETavocat, député EàG, Association des juristes progressistes, CODHA, FIAN, MESEMROM, Prélude, comité de Pluriels – solidaritéS
2. Brigitte STUDERconseillère municipale, psychologue, militante féministe, SURVAP, Association habitant-e-s des Pâquis, SIT, Jardins de Cocagne, solidarité Nord-Sud – solidaritéS
3. Gazi SAHINconseiller municipal, Tenancier du Café Gavroche, militant antiraciste et écologiste – solidaritéS
5. Corinne BONNET MÉRIERmembre du comité du Club en fauteuil roulant Genève, Diabète GE, UNIA, Association Tourisme solidaire – DAL
5. Olivier BAUDdéputé, enseignant spécialisé, ancien président du Conseil municipal, SPG, SSP, Pro Vélo – solidaritéS
6. Audrey SCHMIDsecrétaire syndicale UNIA, Collectif Grève des Femmes*, Collège du travail – solidaritéS
7. Stéphanie BOLAY ROBINgéographe, musicienne, Collectif Grève des Femmes*, Chorale Nana’n’Air, Fédération Genevoise des Musiques de Création – solidaritéS
8. Alfredo CAMELOpsychologue, Association Pluriels, militant solidarité internationale – solidaritéS
9. Livia ZBINDENconseillère en action communautaire, OASI, spécialiste politiques sociales municipales – solidaritéS
10. James BERCLAZ-LEWISprofessionnel de la culture, coordinateur des programmes FIFDH, président de Super Foehn, membre Foyer Arabelle – solidaritéS
11. Charlotte MEIERHOFERancienne conseillère municipale, présidente commission Agenda 21, UNIA, FAHPA, ASLOCA, AVIVO, SOS femmes – DAL
12. José CALLAUtraducteur, ancien fonctionnaire international – solidaritéS
13. Monica GRANDAjournaliste, réalisatrice: migration, culture, solidarité entre peuples – solidaritéS
14. Esteban MUNOZinformaticien HES-SO, Comité pour des TPG gratuits, Réseau salariat, collectif Nouvelles générations Chili
15. Cécilia ZAUGGgestionnaire du domaine public, Fondation des parkings, comité SIT, Club Alpin – DAL